What are you looking for? Let’s dig in quickly
- A train speeds past a pole in 15 seconds
- A goods train runs at the speed of 72 km/h
- A train passes a station platform in 36 seconds
- Two trains of equal length are running on parallel lines
- The length of the bridge, which a train 130 meters long
- A 270 meters long train running at the speed of 120km/h
- A train 800 meters long is running at a speed of 78 km/h
- A 300 meters long train crosses a platform in 39 seconds
- A train takes 18 seconds to pass completely through a station
A train covers a distance of 12 km in 10 minutes. If it takes 6 seconds to pass a telegraph post, then the length of the train will be calculated by the formula mentioned here under as;
Length = speed x time ______ (i)
Time is given but speed is not given.
So, to calculate the speed, first we will convert 12 km into meters and this becomes 12000 meter and time 10 minutes become 600 seconds.
speed = distance/time
By substituting the respective values in this expression, speed would be determined and then length, after applying the same procedure in equation (i).
Length = ?
Given distance = 12 km = 12 x 1000 = 12,000 m
Time = 10 minutes = 10 x 60 = 600 sec
Speed = 12,000/600 = 20 m/sec
Time required to pass a telegraph post = 6 sec
Length = speed x time
Length = 20 x 6
Length = 120 meter answer
A train covers a distance of 12 km in 10 minutes. If it takes 6 seconds to pass a telegraph post, then the length of the train will be 120 meter.