Table of Contents – A Child Went 90m Towards East (Problem Solved)
- A child went 90m towards east.
- He turned Right and went 20m.
- He turned right and after going 30m he reached his uncle’s house.
- From there he went 100m to his north.
- Distance how far he is from his starting point needed to figure out which has figured out in the solution below.
Note: This question was asked in Competitive Examination (CSS) – 2021 General Science & Ability Q7 (A).
Important Points To Solve The Problem
Following things are needed to discuss here.
- Directions i.e. East, West, North and South.
- Distance he covered according to the map.
- Distance from starting point.
Following things are given.
- Child went 90m in the direction of East, first of all.
- Takes turn twice to his right before reaching uncle’s home and covers distance 20 and 30m respectively.
- Finally, he travels 100m in north from uncles home.
After drawing a picture (according to the given values), we can easily figure out the distance from the starting point by calculating the value of hypotenuse With the Help of Pythagoras theorem.
Distance from starting point = ?
Let suppose the distance from starting point = y
By using the Pythagoras theorem,
y2 = (80)2 + (60)2
y2 = 6400 + 3600
y2 = 10,000
y = 100m
Distance from the starting point = 100m answer
To read more about the CSS Exams: Please Click Here